- 500 g of De Luigi penne rigate
- 200 g of Serrano ham, diced
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 liter of sour cream
- A pinch of saffron powder
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the asparagus in a small amount of water until cooked, reserve the cooking water and separate the tips from the stalks.
- In a pan, fry the finely chopped onion and asparagus stalks in olive oil. Add a little cooking water, wine, and a pinch of saffron.
- Cook until the wine has evaporated, add the sour cream, stir, and cook for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the De Luigi penne rigate according to the instructions on the package and drain.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta while it’s still hot, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and garnish the plates with asparagus tips and diced ham.