JOB TITLE : Warehouse Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY GRADE: 5
REPORTS TO: Logistics Manager
IN ABSENCE OF: Director – Warehouse & Distribution
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2016
REVISION DATE(S): October 1, 2017; January 1, 2020
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED preferred or Associate degree and three (3) years of industry related experience or a combination of five (5) years’ experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge in administration and management, human resources, food safety rules, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and warehouse equipment
- Strong communication, coordination, and organizational skills
- Strong coaching, leadership, and mentoring skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Self-driven abilities and possesses self-discipline skills
- Ability to multi task
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Interpreting graphs and histograms
- Must be able to report to work on time based on your schedule
- Must be able to make decisions and work well with others
- Must be able to work under pressure of time and deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately
- Must be able to react to change productively
- Must be able to handle another assignment
- Must be able for general cleaning service in your area of work
- Ability to work various shifts to meet the needs of the business
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Supervises the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing and shipping of materials or products.
- Trains warehouse staff in all operations related to shipping, receiving and storage.
- Gives shipping instructions and provides routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Reviews invoices and distribution orders to issue work assignments.
- Oversees staff in charge of warehouse operations, as well as coordinates and verifies compliance with their assigned tasks.
- Stays in contact with plant Quality Department to report and issue reports of deficiencies in products (packaging and product conditions).
- Meets the requirements of HACCP, BRC, and FSMA.
- Practices and observes Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ensures annual GMP training of all employees within supervision.
- Responsible for ensuring all assigned areas are sanitary and orderly on a daily basis.
- Practices safe and secure environment, reporting to a supervisor any observed issues (i.e. food safety, physical safety, environment, equipment).
- Plans, develops and implements activities and programs related to warehouse safety.
- Confers with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as receiving, shipping and warehousing.
- Inspects physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs or replacements.
- Supervises and participates in loading of goods, where labels assigned, reviews inspection checklist as transport, and takes pictures according to C-TPAT certification.
- Archives documentation of dispatched Unit shipment and reports to Logistics Manager and Customer Service department.
- Attends to good warehousing practices, policies cleaning, sanitation and operational methods at all times, in addition to meeting the AIB/FDA standard.
- Coordinates and participates in the monthly and annual physical inventory.
- Keeps records of purchasing inputs, formats inspections, requisitions, etc.