Oasis Operator Non-Exempt
Production Manager October 1, 2016
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Previous experience working as a packaging machine operator, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
High school Diploma or GED required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of food production principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to work various shifts to meet the needs of the business
- Operates the Oasis system.
- Ensures the pallets are stacked properly.
- Ensures the pallets are wrapped correctly.
- Complete the production reports accurately.
- Ensures the pallets have the correct label identification.
- Weigh and/or manage and transport cartons, cardboard and film waste to the respective container as well
- as the garbage of the shift.
- Effectively communicates with the supervisor and/or operators to replenish necessary supplies as needed.
- Drives forklift (as needed) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for food safety, food quality and food defense.
- Meets the requirements of HACCP, BRC, and FSMA.
- Practices and observes Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Responsible for ensuring all assigned areas are sanitary and orderly on a daily basis.
- Practices safe and secure environment, reporting to a supervisor any observed issues (i.e. food safety,
- physical safety, environment, equipment).
- Monitors the quality of the product and removes any damaged cases.
- Communicates with the supervisor regarding any questionable product.
- Cosmetic cleaning as needed.
- Perpetually maintains operational sanitation inside and outside of equipment and work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.