Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician
JOB TITLE: Electrical Technician I & II
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY GRADE: I – 5; II – 6
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
IN ABSENCE OF: Director-Production
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2016
REVISION DATE(S) :November 1, 2017; August 1, 2018; December 4, 2018; January 1, 2020
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires minimum two (2) years’ experience in Maintenance Electronics.
- Requires minimum five (5) years’ PLC experience.
Level II: Requires minimum five (5) years’ experience in Electrical and Maintenance Electronics.
- Food Manufacturing experience a plus.
- High School diploma/GED is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Maintenance Connection highly desired
- Excellent computer skills required
- Ability to work various shifts to meet the needs of the business
- Must be certified or able to get certification for Confined Spaces
Level II Abilities to include:
- High voltage 480v
- Low voltage controls 24v
- PLC controls
- Ability to read schematic drawings
- Reviews, evaluates and prioritizes maintenance procedures.
- Reports on current activities and ongoing repairs being conducted.
- Inspects, repairs and performs test on mechanical drives/motors, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Possesses strong ability to diagnose root cause of machine failure.
- Conducts machine setup and tests before startup of machinery.
- Reads and understands equipment manuals.
- Setup of computer equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics.
- Tests and reads electronic controls and PLC software.
- Meets the requirements of HACCP, BRC, and FSMA.
- Practices and observes Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Responsible for ensuring all assigned areas are sanitary and orderly on a daily basis.
- Practices safe and secure environment, reporting to a supervisor any observed issues (i.e. food safety,
- physical safety, environment, equipment).
- Uses multimeters, calipers and dial indicators.
- Performs typical building maintenance.
- Programming of electronically-controlled equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.